Monday, January 26, 2009

My Purpose vs. God's Purpose, Post #1

Hello, Everyone!

Well, my good friend and brother in Jesus, Rodger, has invited me to contribute to this blog. And happily, I obliged.
Today, I will be posting my first blog entry. And it comes from something I wrote a while back on my MySpace blog. I hope and pray that it encourages you, lifts you up, and gives you revelation for this new day. I am not confident in my writings. However, I am fully confident that the Spirit of God, Who raised Yeshua (Jesus) from the dead, is the very same Spirit, Who is capable of taking a very gut-level, honest, and simple message and making it something that could impact many and inspire others to run after God's heart.
Please also know that, as a preface to all of my other entries, my motivation is purely out of an open, concerned heart ;D, and that I aspire to write and care out of compassion, and not out of a spirit of pride. Please forgive me if you are ever offended by what I post. I just want to make my Yeshua proud! I must be crazy in love with Him, or else!
Please enjoy, and feel absolutely free to comment! Thank you. And thank you, Rod, for this opportunity. :D

Shoshannah's Post:

What am I worth? What am I to be in the grand scheme of things? Am I worth more than, say, a bridge from one dispensation to the next? What!? That is natural thinking. That is to see this…motion of purpose, well, just naturally. It really is more supernatural than that.

Are those questions valid? Are they even the right questions to ask? Probably not. Given that God has foreordained all His children to be salt, a light, a city on a hill, ambassadors of Heaven, and coheirs of Yeshua, I am persuaded that He would never see my job or purpose as second class or less than desirable. He wouldn't see sin in degrees either. Or does He? There are levels of Hell for degrees of sins. But they are all sin. So, I suppose in that light, He would see my job, Joe Shmoe's job, Plain Jane's job, and the saved, believing, Spirit-filled celebrity's job as all important. Vitally important

So to say that becoming a bridge by the hand of God, the power of the Holy Spirit, foreordained for His sovereign and important purposes upon this earth, is second class or less than desirable, is saying that He didn't know what He was doing. If I am to be a bridge, then I just may end up being one of the most important bridges in worldly history. Maybe not. Come to think of it, Yeshua was a bridge… and if it weren't for Him, then we would have NO intimate fellowship and relationship with God the Father- Abba.

A bridge can be important. Vitally important. So costly that it may mean the difference of life and death for some, or many. Or not so intense. Whatever God wants.

I guess this brings me back to my question of purposes. So? I have too quickly forgotten, within my worldly cares at this present moment, that I know that my ultimate purpose, both upon this earth and in all my existence in everlasting life, is to worship God. Therefore, if I am to be a bridge from the last dispensation to my children, who could be (I am convinced who probably are) part of the last dispensation, then I better be the best worshipping and praising bridge I can be, by the power of the Holy Spirit.

If that is the case, then why am I thinking that my generation wouldn't or couldn't be within the last dispensation? Am I feeling given up on? Am I feeling replaced in the scheme of eternity by my own children and their callings? I don't know. Maybe. I hope not. But if I am, then I can have confidence that if God made me, created me with the things He put in me, then He will continue to love me and use me for His glory.

Let's get this straight: not my will be done, but Your will be done, oh, Adonai! Not for my pleasure, Adonai, but for Your pleasure. Not for my glory, Adonai, but for Your glory alone! For You share Your glory with no man- no one!I love you, Yah-Adonai!! Just use me. Use me. Use me! And let my life, my love, and my deeds be a sweet smelling aroma to Your nose! For Your name. For Your Word. For You.

~ Shoshannah <><



Subscribe


Enter your email address to receive notifications when there are new posts









Powered by BLOG ALERT

6 comments:

  1. wow... wow, u know shosh, I saw this post come in in the morning, and I tried to read some,but I was a lil unsettled and not so well rested, I couldn't make a comment right away, but just now when I got back and got back to reading the post again, gosh, I couldn't help but be marveled by this great piece of work, its so deep and GREAT I have learned that I am a bridge, and not just a passing wind, but a very important part in the kingdom of my father in heaven, sure I can be as important as a determinant of life and death, like all bridges are and do.
    thanks a bunch for the lesson sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome, Rodg.
    I am glad that it gave you something to put in your heart. You, indeed, are a bridge. From what to what is the question.
    Thanks for the comment already!! It means more to me than you know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and now u two still say that I need to introduce u to each other, wut for?? U already meet here, aint that enough?? ha ha ha of course j/k im still waiting for the right time, and im so convinced its almost here, dont u guys like this better than facebook?? well i already do, this makes me smile more than facebook does, gosh, i hate facebook. oh and shosh, ur welcome bud, and to Jessie, thats a great revelation from your end, and I've always been so moved and impressed by ur passion for serving God, surely this is the time, we got to bring in the harvest for Christ now
    whew........ thats been so long a comment :) hope u guys dont mind me, im normally like that
    ok nuff rodg, now send
    ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yw Jess :) im glad I got me a follower in denouncing the facebook hype :D lol neway hope y'all doing great, just checked on here for the latest comment, and im glad i found that Jessie :)thank u dear
    God Bless y'all

    ReplyDelete

We Appreciate your contribution